Contact Us for a Free Consultation (707) 294-1968

I have been arrested for DUI. What do I do now?

I have been arrested for DUI. What do I do now?

Being arrested for DUI can be extremely confusing. It is important to understand that after an arrest, you have two completely separate departments of the government to deal with:

  1. The Criminal Court as to all aspects of the criminal case brought against you
  2. The Department of Motor Vehicles as to the suspension of your driver's license

Having represented thousands of people, we understand how you are feeling and what you need to do. In most cases, a person who has been arrested for a DUI has suffered the indignity of being taken to jail, being 'booked' (including photographs and fingerprints), and has had to stay in jail at least four to six hours before being released.

Although this situation may appear hopeless, it is important for you to gain as much knowledge as you can about your present situation and to contact a lawyer who knows DUI law. This will put you in the position of being able to acquire the most successful resolution of both your criminal and DMV cases. Generally, these cases are very technical and involve a wide variety of legal issues, encompassing not only the legal field, but also toxicology, pharmacology, and more. There are many things that can be done by your attorney to minimize, mitigate or outright eliminate a criminal conviction and/or license suspension.

Remember, Ronald Dinan and Associates, is a firm of experienced and aggressive DUI lawyers, who can help in achieving the best outcome in your case. Many times DUI case dispositions will include reduction or outright dismissal of the number and/or severity of criminal charges, diversion programs, probation, reduced fines with installment payments, alternatives to jail, etc.

To get immediate help with your DUI matter, we invite you to call us to discuss your case. We answer all telephone calls in a polite, professional and helpful manner.
County: Cities: Local Phone number:
Sonoma County Santa Rosa 707-571-5550
Napa County Napa 707-252-0102
Marin County San Rafael 415-491-0223
Lake County Lakeport 707-262-0503
Mendocino County UKiah 707-462-5950
Humbolt County Eureka 707-445-1348

Contact [ME/US] Today

[LAW FIRM NAME] is committed to answering your questions about [PRACTICE AREA] law issues in [CITY/STATE]. [[I/WE] OFFER A FREE CONSULTATION] and [I'LL/WE'LL] gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact [ME/US] today to schedule an appointment.