150+ Years of Combined Experience Thousands of Criminal Cases Resolved

Santa Rosa/Sonoma County Penal Code 290 Sex Offender Registry Law

How The New PC 290 Cancellation Of Ses Offender Registration Works In Santa Rosa/Sonoma County

Activated portions of the law regarding termination from the PC 290 Sex Registration list became effective on January 1, 2018, but the operative language allowing termination did not become effective until January 1, 2021. It should be noted that this new portion of the law applies retroactively or to all registrations in the past.

This law will apply to anyone who is charged with a crime that can result in a PC 290 registration and/or anyone who is charged with a violation of the duty to register.

PC 290 Requirement In Sonoma County/Santa Rosa Is Based On A 3 Tiered System

Eligibility determination provisions only apply to Tier 1 which has a 10 year minimum period of registration or Tier 2 which has a 20 year minimum period of registration. If a registration qualifies for Tier 3, it will remain a lifetime registration and is not capable of being canceled.

These newly activated PC 290 provisions apply equally in Marin County, Napa County, Lake County, Mendocino County, Sonoma County, and Humboldt County

Remember, Ronald Dinan and Associates, is a firm of experienced and aggressive criminal defense lawyers who can help in achieving the best outcome in your case. Many times criminal case dispositions will include reduction or outright dismissal of the number and/or severity of criminal charges, diversion programs, probation, reduced fines with installment payments, alternatives to jail, etc.

To get immediate help with your criminal matter, we invite you to call us to discuss your case. We answer all telephone calls in a polite, professional, and helpful manner.

Santa Rosa, Sonoma County - (707) 571-5550

Napa, Napa County - (707) 252-0102

San Rafael, Marin County - (415) 491-0223

Lakeport, Lake County - (707) 262-- 0503

Ukiah, Mendocino County - (707) 462- 5950

Eureka, Humboldt County - (707) 445- 1348